This simple detox trick only takes five minutes a day, costs nothing (except from the brush), and helps cleanse your body, inside and out? Our skin is the largest organ in our body, and it is an organ of elimination.
One third of your body’s toxins are excreted through the skin and dry brushing helps to unclog pores and excrete toxins that become trapped in the skin.
Dry skin brushing has a number of health benefits such as:
You’ll exfoliate dead skin
Forget your in-shower loofah and body scrubs, this will ensure you have silky-smooth skin all year round!
It stimulates your lymphatic system
Dry brushing your skin will kick start your lymphatic system, which helps you remove toxins from the body. The stiffer the bristles on the brush, the better the lymphatic stimulation you’ll create.
Dry brushing helps to reduce cellulite
Cellulite is simply toxic materials that have accumulated in your body’s fat cells and are trapped, unable to be eliminated from the body. Dry skin brushing helps to break down any trapped toxins from within the body and help your body eliminate them through its usual elimination channels.
It unclogs pores and de-congests skin
Dry skin brushing unclogs your skins pores and helps your skin absorb more nutrients. Daily skin brushing promotes healthy, breathing skin. It’s a real treat for the largest organ in our bodies!
To get started; follow the simple steps below
- Purchase a natural (not synthetic) bristle brush with a long handle so can reach all areas of your body.
- Stand in a bathtub or tiled surface (no cloth of course) to catch the falling skin. (It’s a bit gross, I know.)
- Begin brushing by starting at your feet and moving in long sweeping motions toward your heart. Always brush toward your heart.
- Brush several times in each area, overlapping as you go. Be careful as you brush over more sensitive areas, like breasts and face.
Your skin will become less sensitive the more you dry brush.
- Once you’ve brushed your entire body, jump in the shower.
You can alternate between the hottest water temperature you can tolerate and the coldest.
This stimulates blood circulation, bringing more blood to the top layers of the skin.
- After getting out of the shower, pat down your skin and apply a natural oil like rose hip or coconut oil.
Continue to dry brush your entire body every day. (Twice a day is recommended for best results.)
Remember to clean your brush with soap and water once a week. Leave it to dry in a clean, sunny spot to avoid any mildew accumulation on your brush.
Try this for 30 days and see the results for yourself!