Another easy and super tasty salad with watermelon. I know it’s getting late in the season for watermelon, but you can still find some really good ones out there. The red color is so inviting and packed with nutrients; High levels of Vitamin A, B6 and C, and a significant amount of antioxidants, lycopene and amino acids. Adding the green spinach with all its carotenoids, Vitamin C, K, B6, B9, and folic acid. And the minerals magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium and iron, this salad is just a bomb of nutrients.
It is so easy to make and goes really well with all types of meat.
For this one you only need
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups arugula or another bitter salad
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2 cups bite sized watermelon chunks
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan salt
Whisk the olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, and salt together in a small bowl; set aside.
Mix all ingredients in a large salad bowl.
Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad mixture and top it off with fresh ground pepper.